A Tisket A Tasket A green And Yellow Basket Song



I hope you enjoy this fun singalong karaoke style video to the popular traditional nursery rhyme “A Tisket A Tasket ”. Sing along while the cute green and yellow basket marches along the rainbow road!

Lyrics:

A-tisket a-tasket
A green and yellow basket
I wrote a letter to my love
And on the way I dropped it,
I dropped it, I dropped it,
And on the way I dropped it.
A little boy he picked it up
And put it in his pocket.

The rhyme A Tisket A Tasket  was first noted in the United States in 1938 as a children's rhyming game. It was sung while children danced in a circle. One of the number ran on the outside of the circle and dropped a handkerchief. The nearest child would then pick it up and chase the dropper. If caught, the dropper either was kissed, joined the circle, or had to tell the name of their sweetheart

This classic folk song was popularised by Ella Fitzgerald in her 1938 recording. The song has a Roud Folk Song Index number of 13188

Comments

Popular Posts